The end of summer doesn’t have to mean the end of fun activities. As the leaves begin to change and the temperature starts to drop there are still tons of fun things to do. Here are our top 10 favourite things to do in the fall.
1. Enjoy a Fall Themed Drink. From pumpkin spiced lattes to hot apple cider, the variety of drinks that come with fall mean that there is something for everyone.
2. Pick the Perfect Pumpkin. Heading to a pumpkin patch can be a great family day out or date night.
3. Get Lost in a Corn Maze. No matter if you are heading out with friends or your little ones, corn mazes can range from simple to difficult
4. Get spooked in a haunted house. Haunted houses and haunted attractions pop up everywhere at the end of September to the beginning of October
5. Enjoy a thanksgiving dinner. Canadian Thanksgiving is Monday, October 14 which means Turkey, Cranberry, and Pumpkin Pie!
6. Take a Walk in the Crisp Fall Air. As the air cools off and the leaves change it is the perfect time for a hike outdoors.
7. Put Away your Summer Clothes and Pull out your Sweaters. The dropping temperature means it is time to put those shorts and swimsuits away and bring out the cozy sweaters. Don’t forget the scarves and hats to keep you warm throughout the season.
8. Mix up your cooking with Seasonal recipes. Pumpkin pie, apple donuts, and cranberry bread are just some of the great recipes that come with the fall season.
9. Take a Camping Trip. The fall is the last time to take a camping trip before the snow falls so pack those sleeping bags and extra blankets.
10. Clean up your Home for Fall. Pack away the summer toys, sweep up the leaves that fall in the yard, and make sure your heater is running as fall rolls in.
Don’t own your own home yet? OwnWest may be the perfect solution for you! Contact our team today to find out how you can own your own home with only $6,000 down! OwnWest currently has properties in Chilliwack, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.